Saturday, June 23, 2007

Western Wear

Please say thanks and please report any broken links.

The Sons of the Pioneers - Ultimate Collection [2002]
Mp3, Mono, 320 kbps, 109.9 MB

















[All tracks recorded between 1934 and 1954]
1. Way Out There
2. Tumbling Tumbleweeds
3. There's a Roundup in the Sky
4. Empty Saddles
5. Blue Prairie
6. One More Ride
7. So Long to the Red River Valley
8. Cool Water
9. I'm an Old Cowhand (From the Rio Grande)
10. The Hills of Old Wyomin'
11. Blue Bonnet Girl
12. Ride, Ranger, Ride
13. Echoes from the Hills
14. I Follow the Stream
15. My Saddle Pals and I
16. Song of the Bandit
17. I Wonder If She Waits for Me Tonight
18. Chant of the Wanderer
19. Riders in the Sky
20. The Lillies Grow High
21. The River of No Return

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My father-in-law (who has cancer throughout his body, but is fighting it like the Canadian Air Force veteran he is) has always spoke of the Sons of the Pioneers as his all-time favourites, and jokingly says you can't get it on CD...
My wife and I take her parents out for the day every Saturday or Sunday, this coming weekend I'll have a little surprise for him. Thank you very much for this!

-mk-

Lee Eddy said...

aw, the song "cool water" is a priceless gem. and those harmonies...

crikey, this is a great one. many thanks!

Anonymous said...

I grew up listening to an old 78rpm of Cool Water / Tumbling Tumbleweeds.

The only problem with this group is the fact they've re-recorded their stuff so many times through the years one almost has to compile the definitive selection from various sources. (Maybe that's what he meant by "not available on CD". The first SotP CD I listened to was of recordings made in c.1958. Truly awful).

Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Must be a broken link (Can't access the server)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the great music you share.

blue bingo said...

My sister again thanks you and I do as well. Goes well with Roy Rogers and Gene Autry.